Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135975 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Nazdar 9500

Default Nazdar 9500

I searched and there was only one other thread about Nazdar 9500, not much info. Initially I started printing tshirts and bought a shit ton of this stuff. It is waterbased textile ink. Lays down excellent coverage on shirts, but paper, eh, OK I guess, but then again I don't know how good my techniques are. I am using 230 and 280 mesh. I did use it on a 196 yesterday and it went better but still needed two pulls to get an opaque black.

The black is not very opaque. It seeps into the fibre of the paper. Perhaps if I primed it with a large open area of white with an open sceen it would put down better. Also tends to clog up even with thick floods, spraying water, etc. I will say the lighter colors look great (yellow etc) as it gives off a "dyed" look to it, probably because it is formulated to sink into the substrate.

In any case, I started buying mistints of paint whenever I could a few years ago and have quite a bit. I used some blue once, and as I recall it went down pretty nice (nicer than Nazdar 9500). So I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with 9500 on paper and if the headaches I'm encountering are due to my technique or if the 9500 is just not the best place to start.

I have NOT used the 409/water mixture that is recommended to lube up the screen before using TW ink (just water). Would that be applicable to 9500 or just TW?

thanks
    Last edited by edwardo_machino; 03-22-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typo