Did I ever mention I love spray paint.
In this thread I'll show you how to do a cool direct stencil print with spray paint. Also a great way to do a Jack o lantern or cool looking grafitti. This print method is also dirt cheap.
What you will need.
1. Original or photograph
I did this drawing of Charlie Sheen.
2. photocopy or some kind of print (one layer for each color you want to use)
3. Thicker material to cut your stencil out of. (you can use anything thicker materials give you durability but thinner materials give you more workability.
4. exacto knife
5. drop cloth or at least some cardboard
6. spray paint (whatever colors you are using)
7. Paper or canvas. You won't get a huge edition from paper stencils keep in mind if you want to do a big edition you will have to use some kind of plastic.
OK what to do first.
Place photocopy over thick paper. (You can tape it I would advice this)
cut out each layer
I usually start with a solid color background and paint right over the top of it.
Place stencil over paper. (make sure you get your placement right)
You can use some kind of weight. I prefer pocket change. I have seen people use metal and use magnets to hold their stencils. Whatever works for you.
Shit. I was sure that I had taken more photos. I'll post some more when I do the next batch.
Finished product looks like this.
Iwill edit this and post more pics later.