Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134607 | Designers: 11441                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Vinyl for stickers?

Well, after printing vinyl stickers on Oracal 641, I'm a little disappointed with the appearance. I'm trying to find a thicker vinyl that is matte.

I've called 3 vinyl film suppliers and they all talk to me like I'm mental when I say "I'm looking for vinyl to screen print bumper stickers on". They suggested either Oracal 631 or GF 201 or 223. But they made sure to tell me that it might not work properly.

I've seen these 8 1/2 x 11 sheets for printers, but they're damn expensive.

Does anyone have any idea of a better vinyl for printing stickers on? I've been searching online for months.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Last edited by mhmitszach; 03-10-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Premium Member

Comments

Hello Zach,
    there are different kinds of adhesive pvc like you said. You should first ask you if a sticker sheet will be used indoor or outdoor. Generally speaking the pvc sheets used in EVERY screenprinting studio is the cheapest one made by big companies like Avery. In Italy a sheet size 70x100cm costs 0,97€+VAT (for a package of 100 sheets). There isn't no difference in price between the white pvc and the transparent pvc. The cheap white and transparent pvc are made with some different glues: the main are removable and permanent. I prefer removable ones because I don't like these all cazzo of stickers sticked everywhere, but generally is used the permanent one.

What I can suggest is to choose a big brand, that produces tons of stickers, and a big distributor that sells "fresh" sheets and has got readily availability. Old sheets are a mess to print.

Make adeshion test with your solvent inks!
    Fabio