Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default NuArc light tables

Anyone have any experience with the old school NuArc flip tops? I just picked one up its 66"X50" with the separate metal halide light unit on rollers I assume its a 1000w bulb but I can't tell, its 220volts for one damn bulb!. Everything works perfectly and the the glass is in great shape but I am going from an overhead UV system to this and trying to take the edge off the learning curve. Also if anyone has a fair value assessment on one that would be great cause I was in the dark about how much to offer and that seemed to be the sellers take on the thing as well...lucky for me. The innerweb is saying anywhere from $1300-$4500 for new ones but this one is much larger than anything I could find.

Premium Member

Comments

nuarc is the absolute best.

Premium Member

Comments

a new vac frame that size is around 2500 - 3000. a new MH lamp from nuarc or Olec or Richmond would be minimum 2500, I have a 10k Richmond solar beam is new 6000. I think your lamp is bigger than 1k (if it is 220v), but you need to check.
    If it all works, then it is worth 1000 -3000 used.
    offer them 500, see what happens
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Thanks Andy, as always. Here is a photo (enjoy the Maxim soft-core wheat pasted on the wall by the last tenant). I already bought it and I got a good deal. I believe its a 6000 watt bulb as per some forum digging I did and the fact that its a model number 6k-LE. I also sent an email to a guy named Ron Hopkins that seems to be the expert in the matters of NuArc lights just to see if he had any info. So let me know what you think. Its probably going to be a few weeks before I get the power running to it as SXSW is coming up quick and I can't afford to be trouble shooting a new light before I go out of town. Let me know if you recommend any distances or times for exposure.

thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-...190363&theater

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Obama View Post
    nuarc is the absolute best.
    Wrong. We have had two Nuarc exposure lamps and had nothing but issues with both of them. Wanna buy a fucked up one that keeps on blowing $300 bulbs? I'll never get another nuarc product again.

Hey, uh, if you plan on using it for screenprinting? You might wanna make sure it works for that. I think the fliptop platemakers are mostly designed to do offset plates. Just a thought.

OHHH spoke too soon. By "FLiptop" I thought you meant the cubes with the flip unit IN them.
    What you got most certainly WILL work and looks GREAT. Good buy. I wish I had one like that!