Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135333 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default What is the best ink to use for fabric screenprinting?

I am thinking of starting screenprinting on t-shirts and have done some research but I would like to find a recommended brand to use, I hear Speedball isn't best. Preferrably an ink that can air dry or can be cured by a heat gun or hair dryer, help

Premium Member

Comments

If you're going to be doing this with a heat gun or hairdryer, you're still in Speedballtown.
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member

Comments

there are other water-based inks, some are better than Speedball, but not much
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Comments

rick, i hate your avatar. please change it back.

Try Union Aerotex. Has a catalyst you mix into the ink to harden it/make it impervious to water without needing to neccesarily heat set it. It's good ink, comes in portions comparable to speedball and I think is comparable in price. Downside might be the color selection, but that's according to taste/design concerns.

You could go to victoryfactory.com and check what they have as well for waterbase. I don't print on shirts much but that is the bulk of their business.

Oh, but you better get that shit out of your screen when you're done with the run, because if it dries in there you're wrecked (read: absolutely fucked) and can't get it out easily, even with dehaze. You better use some degreaser/soap when you spray out, or even better, just reclaim the screen when you're done with the job using a pressure washer/reclaimer that has soap or degreaser built into it (like "supra", also avail at victory). That way you're sure to have it out of the screen/not haze the screen.