Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135525 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member
    Comments

Default Sonnenzimmer + Hometapes =

Free Jazz Bitmaps, Volume One.

Nick from Sonnenzimmer here! Some of you guys know that when I'm not pulling squeegees, I'm pushing buttons on crappy old keyboards and cassette tape players to make "music" and release "records". Portland, Oregon's Hometapes label (Bear in Heaven, Slaraffenland, etc) have released two albums of mine and this time around they are teaming up with us here at Sonnenzimmer to release an experimental process-based publication called Free Jazz Bitmaps.

Free Jazz Bitmaps will consists of a series of limited edition lathe-cut 7" records featuring two songs of mine. We'll be releasing the 7"s bi-monthly starting in February for a total of 6 releases. In February 2012 the A-side of each 7" will be collected on a 12" vinyl record. The flipside will contain reinterpretations of my music by some of Chicago's most talented improvisers. Jason Adasiewicz, Mike Reed, Keefe Jackson, Jason Roebke, Jason Stein and Tim Daisy. I'm not sure how I talked these guys in to doing this... but lets just go with it.Each record will be housed in a screen printed sleeve designed by Nadine and will feature an art print by Nadine and I.

Chicagoans, please join us Friday Feb 11th, at The Post Family's Family Room Gallery for the release of the first in a series of 6 7" lathe-cut records.. I'll be performing a duet with saxaphonist, Keefe Jackson. MJOLSNESS (Ben Mjolsness w/ Todd Mattei) start the night off.

Free Jazz Bitmaps kick off and record release.
    Friday, February 11, 2011. Doors at 8PM, Show at 9PM
    Nick Butcher/Keefe Jackson Duo, MJOLSNESS (Ben Mjolsness with Todd Mattei)
    The Post Family’s Family Room Gallery, 1821 W. Hubbard, Unit 202, Chicago, IL 60622
    The Post Family - Home

More info here.... Free Jazz Bitmaps — Sonnenzimmer
    ((((((())))))))

Premium Member
    Comments

Record Release show is tonight!

Friday, February 11, 2011. Doors at 8PM, Show at 9PM
    Nick Butcher/Keefe Jackson Duo, MJOLSNESS (Ben Mjolsness with Todd Mattei)
    The Post Family’s Family Room Gallery, 1821 W. Hubbard, Unit 202, Chicago, IL 60622
    ((((((())))))))

Comments

I ordered this action. Better be good!