Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135947 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Adding Micro Adjustments to Press?

Hi all,

I currently work on a simple, 4 color, 2 person screen printing press. I was wondering if it was possible to equip it with some micro adjusters--things like off-contact, the side to side knobs, and micro adjustment knobs. Sorry for the very nontechnical terms.

Here are the links to some giant pictures to show you what I'm talking about:
    http://i.imgur.com/vbj8a.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/P0O84.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/BWPsv.jpg

I would like my press head to be a little bit more like this so that I can align and register multiple color jobs.
    http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com.../AreoPress.jpg

Would I have to replace the whole print head (if that's possible)? Or would be able to simply attach a few extra parts to my existing head? Or am I SOL? :/

Thanks for all the help guys, you're the best <3

Premium Member

Comments

SOL. A hammer is still your best adjustment tool. You have some channel with clamps and a pivot.

By the time you get finished, it won't support whatever you do, and it still won't hold register.

You can find a decent press with micro register for $1500-3,500 (used up to new)
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

it looks like you already have off-contact adjustments.
    figure out how to burn your screens so they line up (if you haven't already) and use a hammer, like Andy says.
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Premium Member

Comments

That's a Ryonet Silver Press, yeah? They make a micro registration head attachment for that. Micro Registration Press Attachment for the Silver Press. By the time you get one for every head, you might as well just buy a used press with built in micros.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ittybittypress View Post
    That's a Ryonet Silver Press, yeah? They make a micro registration head attachment for that. Micro Registration Press Attachment for the Silver Press. By the time you get one for every head, you might as well just buy a used press with built in micros.
    I'm not quite sure... I tried looking around for any information on make or model and all I could find was some crazy part number on the hydraulic for the press head lift--I figured this wasn't important. The flash curer was bought from silkscreensupplies.com though, so I wouldn't doubt that is the correct press.

I probably wouldn't want to do more than 2 colors since I use the same two designs for a couple of months. Thanks for the help!

Premium Member

Comments

Mate,
    i believe you can add a micro registration to the press but you'll spend more money in this way that buying a professional press.

There are some brands like Anatol or Vastex that sell you a press with 4 arms and you can upgrade them to 6. I use an Anatol 6/6 and it's really a pleasure to print with!

About more or less color arms: remember also if you print just 2 colors the important thing is the number of the stations! You print faster with a bigger number of stations.

Go for used equipment. you are in the USA, you're a luck guy!

Comments

Hi dear this is really very surprising and i am heard first time about this 4 color Screen Printing Press i am also a owner of printing press and i have Solna and Rota machines in my press along with cutter and DIY machine means full unit of printing pres but i heard firs time about this 4 color Screen Printing Press because this is normally hand made prints not by the machine so this is wondering news to have on this forum....

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander2100 View Post
    Hi dear this is really very surprising and i am heard first time about this 4 color Screen Printing Press i am also a owner of printing press and i have Solna and Rota machines in my press along with cutter and DIY machine means full unit of printing pres but i heard firs time about this 4 color Screen Printing Press because this is normally hand made prints not by the machine so this is wondering news to have on this forum....
    For More Information....!!!!
    business card printing Brisbane

Premium Member
    Comments

Love me being call "dear." I wondering 10,000 units business cards sent me in Canada. Eh?