Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default scratched emulsion

I scratched a tiny bit of emulsion before exposing,and after the washout it shows.

Question how can I cover it Would nail varnish do the trick or should it be fresh emulsion on the spot?

Comments

Well, you can always tape it off, that's option 1.

If that won't work because of where the scratch is in relationship to the design, you can paint on a bit of emulsion on both sides, being careful to both emulate the same thickness as the rest of the screen (not too thick, not too thin so as to be useless), and to not get it in your open areas of the design. Then re-expose and washout. that works too. You just likely need a small brush or q-tip.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

tape, screen filler/blockout or call it texture. Emulsion works, but in my experience it should be smooth. Like me on the weekends.

Comments

Thanks guys, however I decided to just reclaim everthing and start afresh, it seemed less hassle. Another lesson learned.

Premium Member

Comments

Touch up is part of the preproduction step, during makeready. If it is only a pinhole or crack - or even a big one - you touch it up. Water resistant for waterbase, water soluable for solvent base. or emulsion. Whatever, put it on smooth, thin, and on the bottom of the screen. Small brush and small chunk of squeegee for spreading larger areas.

And tape works fine, except when it doesn't.

If the emulsion is in the wrong place - you have to take emulsion off.....in that case, you would probably redo the screen. Although you can work with stencil remover on a q-tip in certain cases.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.