Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134516 | Designers: 11431                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Looking for accommodation during SXSW - anyone who can help?

Hi,

Coming to Flatstock for the first time and looking for a place to stay, I have cash to contribute and anyone who helps me out, to return the favor I can offer a place to crash in Brighton, UK (50 min train ride from London)

I'm not picky, space in hotel, couch or floor - dont mind it being a bus ride out of the city either. Alternatively if your someone looking to buddy up or a group looking for an extra person, please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. email - rhys@octopusgallery.co.uk Rhys Wootton

Thanks
    Rhys

Comments

Anyone still looking for accommodation? I currently have a room booked in a guys house found on criagslist but going halves with someone on a room at the Ramada Limited - North, would be much more cost effective. its the cheapest one on the list at $75 per room with two double beds. Anyone want to go in with me on this?

Comments

I have a room 3 miles south of 6th St on HWY 35. A bus goes by there and goes straight to downtown during the day and we can get a cab back to the room at night.

Premium Member

Comments

I'm always down for helping out. I live in Austin, on South First St. and the offer of trading couch space sounds appealing to me. Rhys, you are welcome to sleep here in exchange for your couch back home if I'm ever out that way.

Premium Member

Comments

We also have some troubles with booking a hotel in Austin. Propably we are already too late for closer hotels?!
    Anybody has an idea for a hotel with a closed bus, subway or train station?
    Lars P. Krause
    http://www.douze.de

Comments

my favorite hotel when traveling is 'Holiday Inn Express'. Just for kicks, i tried to see what they have available during FS. definitely not much.
    I would say, try the Holiday Inn Express at Sunset Valley and take a cab or one of their shuttles to a bus stop. Or take a cab to downtown. They aren't too far from us, but they are on the feeder road of a highway.
    here is the link - last i checked, they had at least one room...
    http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...etail?atr=true

Premium Member

Comments

Bussing is good in Austin, but not much in the way of trains or subways. The offer of the couch stands for anyone. Got floor space as well.

Premium Member

Comments

thanks for your help, i booked the room in the holyday inn exp. i think thats a good place... cant wait to see austin!
    Lars P. Krause
    http://www.douze.de

Comments

hey lars - that is awesome!!
    Let me know when you get in. We have 3 brits staying with us and 2 from Sacramento. Our car and truck might be filled up - but if not, that sunset valley Holiday Inn Exp is just about 1/2 a mile from us and we can help you. or we can feed you one morning and take you to a bus stop.
    PM me your flight plan/ when y'all get in - if you aren't renting a car, i might be able to pick you up at the airport.

Comments

I know of 2 places to rent during Flatstock if anyone is still looking. We're gonna head to the coast with the kids and avoid the madness this year.

#1 is my house which will be available the nights of 17th thru 19th. It's a 2/1 in East Austin, 2 miles from the convention center, close to the action. Our place will sleep 4-5 easily, non-smoking, might even come with a beater bike, all that good stuff... I can e-mail pics and price if interested. PM me.

#2 is my buddy Ryan's place. It's a stand alone studio apartment about a mile from the convention center. Sweet place that would be perfect for a couple or few people. If your interested in that place I can put you in touch. PM me.