Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: CSS help?

Premium Member

Comments

Default CSS help?

I'm trying to get an online portfolio up and I'm almost finsihed, but I'm running into a couple of annoying glitches with a couple of text links at the bottom of my page.

Tim Green Portfolio

Here's what it looks like in safari:

Not Correct!

Here's what it looks like in Firefox:

Correct!

I just started to learn how to do this css stuff last week and I've managed to code my self into a rat's nest at the end.

Anyone out there in GP land have experience with this kind of stuff?
    "I find it funny that this other dude is going to be quoting writings that are over two thousand years old and Robbie is going to be quoting gigposters.com." - allenboe

MrBlonde7: Ahh, arguing the finer points of semen coverage. 2007-12-05 12:11:25

In the shadow of the Empire State Building
    Comments

Your hover seems to toggle between the two different fonts as well.
    Did you check your classes? You might have a discrepancy or my most frequent error is a ; instead of a :.

Comments

My firefox example says "spacer" between the resume and email lines

Premium Member

Comments

AGH! Screw it. I'm just going to do image rollovers since that's all I really know how to do anyway. At least they work consistently across the board with different browsers. God, I haaaate web design. It's been 3 years since the last time I made one of these and I hope when I do it again in the future, I can afford to pay some one to do the bunk coding for for me. Bunk!

Thanks for taking a look anyway!
    "I find it funny that this other dude is going to be quoting writings that are over two thousand years old and Robbie is going to be quoting gigposters.com." - allenboe

Comments
    Items for Sale

bunk!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JukeboxCriminal View Post
    I'm trying to get an online portfolio up and I'm almost finsihed, but I'm running into a couple of annoying glitches with a couple of text links at the bottom of my page.

Tim Green Portfolio

Here's what it looks like in safari:

Not Correct!

Here's what it looks like in Firefox:

Correct!

I just started to learn how to do this css stuff last week and I've managed to code my self into a rat's nest at the end.

Anyone out there in GP land have experience with this kind of stuff?
    Did you remove the buttons?
    I can probably fix them for you.

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, I removed the buttons. I was trying different things all day. Never did figure out how to fix the discrepancy between how the font styles were being interpreted. So, now I just have to small image rollovers doing the same thing.

Speaking of which, would you happen to know how I can get that resume pdf to automatically download every time instead of opening up in the browser?

Comments

That depends on the browser and the settings of the browser. I think Safari is setup to open in a new window, whereas Firefox and Internet Explorer download and open it. I'd suggest having the link open up a new html page with the info, and then have a link to download it from there. But that's just my own preference. (Speaking of which, I need to do that to my website too.)