Gig Posters

Posters: 156064 | Bands: 135791 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default The Gaslight Anthem/Crazy Horse Series print process

I figured I'd take a moment to upload some photos from the ongoing printing process of our latest Crazy Horse Series print: The Gaslight Anthem. Its a 10 color print, 20x36"(cut size), 9 screens including a split fountain, and printed on French Lemon drop stock.

Day 1: Film/screen making, and some ink mixing for the first 3 layers

Last edited by PedalPrinting; 12-06-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Comments

Day 2: We started printing with the first layer, a split fountain of two great greenish blues which will make up the dark sky.

after I answered a quick call on the scissors....

We printed layer 2, a orange tinted varnish wallpaper pattern to help blend blues in the sky:

Comments

Day 3: Sunday started off slow as we would have preferred to stay in bed a bit longer. It was quite cold outside for Texas. The best way to shake off those morning sleepy eyes is to get a little wacky:

..... and smoke a cigarette

Erika started off the third layer, a lighter aqua blue highlight, while I burned some more screens for the remaining layers:

After dinner, and mentioning possibly moving to Puerto Rico again, we stared printing the dark red layer. But about halfway through the stack we came up against a million little pinholes as the screen started to brake down and decided to reburn and start fresh in the morning:

Comments

this is nice but he is persona non grata around here.

Premium Member

Comments

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for sharing though, the process is nice.
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond

Comments

shit like this burns my ass to no end.

Premium Member

Comments

El Jefe ripped off a bunch of other posters right? I love the process though, keep it coming.

Comments

Wow, I didn't wish to cause any trouble, and did not realize this post may do just that.... Sorry to any of the offended. I hope some others besides the offended can at least appreciate the process of this print being produced.

I won't try to backtalk or distance myself from El Jefe, as far as I am concerned he created a great design which could not have fit The Gaslight Anthem better. He was easy to work with and seems to be a very pleasant person. The response from fans of the Gaslight Anthem has been overwhelming positive for the print. I was not personally aware of El Jefes reputation on this site prior to The Gaslight Anthem requesting his design work for the poster.

As far as a little back ground into what we do. Pedal is working on printing/publishing an ongoing series of art prints representative of the bands they are made for. Although I have a place in my heart for the gig posters we design and print daily I wanted to shoot for something a little more timeless than your traditional dated gig. The prints in the series use a higher number of inks and are larger scale than the majority of our standard prints. We are also working with designers outside of the shop, whom are chosen with input and suggestion from the members of the bands we work with.

If anyone wishes to check out the rest of the series so far, info is available at: News | Pedal Printing - Custom Silk Screening - Houston, TX

PP#001: Lemuria w/design by Kevin Tong
    PP#002: Fake Problems w/design by Black and Red Eye
    PP#003: Polar Bear Club w/design by Horsebites
    PP#004: The Gaslight Anthem w/design by El Jefe
    PP#005: The Constantines w/design by Landland

Nice looking shop!

Premium Member

Comments

I don't think anyone has a problem with the process, everyone really enjoys seeing those. I think alot of folks are just rubbed the wrong way with some of El Jefe's previous ethics whilst designing his posters. I'm not really even sure which were jipped and which ones weren't. I remember he used clouds from someone else's poster in his own, and also used the rolled up pant leg bike rider from someone else's poster.
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond