Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134607 | Designers: 11441                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Venting your fumes, How needed is it if your not doing large volumes?

Hey guys!

I currently am a sign shop that offers digitally printing and am having issues finding my answers on forums dedicated to my industry.

I know the screen printers deal with a high amount of fumes with all the inks and cleaners so i thought maybe i could see how you guys handle yours.

I work out of my home, I have a eco-solvent 30" Roland Versacamm along with a Rabbit Air Air Purifier with a HEPA and Charcoal filter thats on all the time and on high when i'm printing.

I only print about 4-5 hours a week out of a spare room in my house until things jump off to where i can get a shop locally. I have had the versacamm since January and i do notice fumes when printing full coverage decals or banners but it's not THAT bad IMO. I do get small headaches when printing but they soon go away.

What are you guys doing as far as venting for your fumes? I know alot of people in this industry as well as mine print all day everyday and i would be concerned about venting for health reasons then but i'm really not doing much printing but would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Premium Member

Comments

if you can, cut a hole in your wall down at floor level and install a small exhaust fan. If you can't but have a window, you can put a collector vent at floor level, and run duct or exhaust hose to a squirrel cage fan and then vent out a window. solvent fumes are heavier than air and spill downwards. If this is running with the door closed, you will create negative pressure in the room and suck the air out, it will be replaced by air sucked into the room from under the door.

'eco-solvent' sounds like it's green, but 'eco' stands for economical. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Do you happen to have a drawing or photo of the window unit your talking about? I can't really cut into my floor at this time.

I think the purifier helps some.

Thanks!