Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135336 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Screenprinting lab in Austin? In a pickle here...

As an alumni of Texas State University, I had the privilege of using their amazing print lab / setup to print posters.

They are no longer allowing any alumni to use the lab. This recent news has thrown me for a loop. Not sure what to do.

Today is Sept 2nd.

I have to have a 3 color print done for the Clean Air Clear Stars festival and in their hands by Fri Sept 17th.

I have two other posters for shows in Austin that need to be ready for sale at those shows on Sat Sept 18th.

So I'm looking for any of the following:

1. A place in Austin that I can pay a fee and print at.
    2. A screenprinter in Austin who is willing to let me into their lab and work with me or something to that effect, whom I will pay a fair price.
    3. A printer willing to cut me a deal and maybe take 1/2 up front and half after the shows.
    4. A printer in California in or around LA who can print the posters for the fest.

Ideally I'd be able to find a place to print. We are looking into getting our own setup but to do that right - environmentally friendly and not drive my wife insane friendly )not to mention a quality setup) - is going to take time that I don't have.

email me if you like - rob@cloudesign.com (website coming after these Sept 18th posters are done!)
    Last edited by cloudesign; 09-02-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Comments

Think I found a solution : Artists Screen Printing Cooperative!

Gonna go check it out on Monday - talked to James who has set this whole thing up with the help of his wife and others. Sounds PERFECT.

Will update this thread in a few weeks with more info, seems like an excellent resource for anyone in Austin needing a legit short run setup.