Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135207 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Comments

"high quality gigposters", heh.

thats my snarky side.

my un-snarky side says cougar 100lb/or their heavy tag weight.

Comments

I've seen nazdar just soak into the french paper . It was hit 7 times and still didn't work . Cougar works with Nazdar .

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I'm a big fan of Wausau 80# bright white cover for gigposters.
    If you rack it beforehand, it distorts almost not at all when hit with wb ink. It is a bit toothier and warmer in shade than Cougar, which is very smooth and almost bluish bright white.
    Wausau is also dirt cheap.

Comments

best bet is to find a local paper supplier and go talk to them. Here in Nashville we started out going to the local art store and buying some larger sheets, went to FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) and used their paper cutter. We ordered french paper once and took a big hit on shipping. So we found local paper company on the interwebs and it was to be called Dennis Paper Company. We went down there to the store front, got a sample pack. Did a search on this site for "paper" and found out what others are using, picked our paper, 100lb Cougar. Got our first order from the store front for 50 sheets for practically the same price as shipping from French. Then for our second order and the rest of our orders since then we call them tell the size and the amount in the morning and go to the warehouse within an hour and they have it ready and it saves us even more to drive out to the warehouse as opposed to the store front. So perhaps look up Dennis Paper Nashville and then try to find someone similar in Alabama. The search function works great on this forum. We have searched it all, ink, off contact, paper, vacuum table, t-shirt jig, favorite cheese, house paint. But the first step we took was.............Go Premium!!!!
    Do It....and good luck.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    I'm a big fan of Wausau 80# bright white cover for gigposters.
    If you rack it beforehand, it distorts almost not at all when hit with wb ink. It is a bit toothier and warmer in shade than Cougar, which is very smooth and almost bluish bright white.
    Wausau is also dirt cheap.
    I likes the wasua but I usually get the 100#. Maybe I should get the 80 and probably save a couple bucks.

Comments

Where do you get your wasua ink from? I went to their website and the resellers listed were places like office depot. I imagine I could get 8.5 x 11 pretty easily there, but I am looking for larger sizes. 18 x 24 or larger.
    Thanks
    Jim

Premium Member

Comments

i get my wasau paper (not ink) from lewis paper in chicago. i'm assuming there is somewhere closer to you.
    let your fingers do the walking. (look in the montgomery yellow pages for paper supplier and you'll probably find some one. if not call a local printer and see where they get it from)

Comments

I went to a local paper seller and I think I like the 100 lb cougar paper. I think I am going to use TW inks because they are water based, less toxic, and were recommended by professionals on this board.

Has anybody printed TW on Cougar with good results?

They gave me a sample and will be testing it out soon, but was curious.
    Thanks

Comments

Jim,
    The thing to do is buy the larger sheets — Cougar is a great sheet and we get it at 26x40 and cut it in half to make a parent sheet of 20x26. Of course, you should buy a larger sheet, print with bleed if you're into that look and trim at the very end.

You need to make sure you do two things:
    1. contact and build a relationship with XPEDX or Athens Paper or Mac Papers.
    2. if you don't know a friendly print shop you should find one that can help you trim the paper. A big boss one with buttons and measurements and shit.

Good luck.

Z

Premium Member

Comments

I really like the TW. I really like the Cougar. The results will be good.

edit: (if all the other variables are good)