Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135799 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Drying Rack for basement printer

I'm in Washington visiting family and I have to print a few posters, so I asked my friend to let me use his shop and as a thank you I made him this drying rack. I followed Denny's and Tuffy's suggestions and went a slightly different way. The peg board was the most expensive at $16 a sheet, and all together the project cost $125.

I used my dad's Kreg system to drill all of the holes. Seriously a great tool to have in any shop. Google it.

Instead of notching the up-rights, I went with 1x2" blocks to keep the board in place.

It took about a day to build it, but after printing and using it last night, it was worth it. The bull-dog clips on string was fine, but this is just so much easier. Let me know if you have any questions!

Premium Member

Comments

Very nice! I will be doing something like this over the summer. I have a bunch of 1x1's that i'm planning on using instead of the 1x2's you have there as spacers. You think 1inch is too close together? I thought I could get more shelves in the stack plus I already have the wood.

Premium Member

Comments

I think 1" would be fine, but I personally like having a bit more space. It just gives the paper room to warp a bit if your putting down a heavy coat, especially if you plan on filling it once from bottom to top, and then starting over again on the bottom, on top of the almost dry prints.

Premium Member

Comments

nice!
    ♥ Ben
    benswift.com - nonoart.com - eyeskull.com - me on facebook
    "ben swift hates fun." - Robbie Fuct
    "ben is hella white" - mrblonde

Premium Member

Comments

Rad!
    justinsantora.com
    a letter of resignation

"put the immersion on your mensch with a scrub-coaster. then print with a 70 durometer skyguy"
    -Steve W

Premium Member

Comments

nice work!

Premium Member

on a small dying planet left of a dying star
    Comments

how big are the base squares? 24"widex24"wide or 36"x36"?

Premium Member

Comments

The only question I'd have is how unstable does each pegboard panel become after you slide it out of the rear blocks? I looks like the 3" of block at the front might not be enough to keep it from trying to pivot, but just curious how it worked out really.

Premium Member

Comments

The sheets of pegboard are 24x32, which i had the guy at home desperate do for me. It was 5 sheets of 4' x 8'.

The top and bottom squares internal dimensions are that, the external is 27" wide and 34ish deep.

I don't slide the pegboard in and out, just the paper. It's good, and honestly it's perfect for any show poster printer.

Comments

Very nice job and thanks for sharing. After studying all the different rack designs (denny and tuffy - nice work on those too) I'm going to be building one of these this weekend and was wondering if you need to add any cross support (kinda like in denny's rack) to keep everything nice and stable? Also how tall is your rack, I'm curious how tall I'll be able to get this and still keep it stable - I'd like to shoot for 6.5 feet.