Gig Posters

Posters: 154781 | Bands: 134775 | Designers: 11465                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DEVO - Something for Everybody

Noble PR put out a press release today announcing the new DEVO album, Something for Everybody.

I wish they'd used this group photo for the cover.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by 9pod9 View Post
    whoa. didn't see these before ( didn't see the skateboard till this morning either ). too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by scrojo View Post
    whoa. didn't see these before ( didn't see the skateboard till this morning either ). too funny.
    Isn't that your illustration?

You can order the shorts HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by 9pod9 View Post
    Isn't that your illustration?
    yep. but.......... this illo was never done for devo. originally it was done as part of a series of "inspired by bands" decks for sixteen/tracker. not a bad series ( and actually got the thumbs-up from a few bands we were paying "homage" to ) but not a great series either. it came and went in one season and was quickly forgotten, as with most deck series. then ........

years later i stumbled across an import devo dvd with a version of the deck as the cover . i contacted tracker..... turns out that devo has the dome-hat trademarked. devo's management had hit tracker with a c&d but, since they liked the design, agreed to sign off in exchange to use the design on the devo website ( according to tracker ). i was never brought into this loop. since then...... this pisser has been on most things modern merch devo.

love the band, glad my name is associated with them but....... prefer it would be in a more direct way.

Comments

ha cool story

Quote Originally Posted by scrojo View Post
    yep. but.......... this illo was never done for devo. originally it was done as part of a series of "inspired by bands" decks for sixteen/tracker. not a bad series ( and actually got the thumbs-up from a few bands we were paying "homage" to ) but not a great series either. it came and went in one season and was quickly forgotten, as with most deck series. then ........

years later i stumbled across an import devo dvd with a version of the deck as the cover . i contacted tracker..... turns out that devo has the dome-hat trademarked. devo's management had hit tracker with a c&d but, since they liked the design, agreed to sign off in exchange to use the design on the devo website ( according to tracker ). i was never brought into this loop. since then...... this pisser has been on most things modern merch devo.

love the band, glad my name is associated with them but....... prefer it would be in a more direct way.
    That really sucks. They've used your illustration more than almost any other in their history: stickers, CDs, DVDs, T-shirts, posters, skateboards, shorts, buttons, you name it. I'd say they've overused it, actually.

I feel like I owe you some royalties. Do you have Paypal?

i'm pretty sure the original art for this was in my "$5 box" at FS1. dunno who picked it up.