Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Rock Paper Show: Flatstock Volume 1 is done!

Soundscreen Design will be releasing Rock Paper Show:Flatstock Volume 1 in June.

Please spread the word on your mailing lists, the facebooks and tweeters. Join the mailing list for updates like book signings and future events.

You can see images under "buy the book" and join the mailing list under "contact" here:

Rock Paper Show

Hope you guys dig it, it has been a lot of work and fun putting it together. Pretty amazing how much has been done since we started Flatstock 7 years ago.

About the book:

Rock Paper Show documents the first decade of the twenty-first century as the high-water mark in the storied intersection of graphic design and music. Against the backdrop of the digital-music revolution, the rock poster reemerged during this period as the calling card of impossibly talented new artists and design studios brought up on Black Flag, Joy Division, the Flaming Lips, and the Melvins. Simultaneously, the posters that these studios produced were celebrated by a rapidly growing nation of indie-rock fans who all woke up one day craving beautiful new music-related objects in their lives. The excitement - matched equally in the design and music worlds - was captured by and celebrated via the birth and rapid rise of Flatstock, the American Poster Institute's ongoing rock-poster exhibition.

Since its inception in 2002, Flatstock has evolved into the definitive showcase of the most talented poster artists working today. Rock Paper Show: Flatstock Volume 1 is an editorial and visual history of the first 20 Flatstocks, with contributions from the artists and studios that regularly attend the events and the bands who are often the subjects of the posters, as well as critics and collectors involved in this community. Rock Paper Show collects for the first time the original posters created for each Flatstock by the attending studios. Veteran poster-makers take the reader on behind-the-scenes looks at the studios, the artists, the regional scenes, and the personalities of this vibrant and varied community.

Curated by Geoff Peveto (president, American Poster Institute)
    Book design by Rumors

Over 60 editorial contributors, including:
    Aesthetic Apparatus, Craig Finn (the Hold Steady), John Foster (author, Masters of Poster Design), Clay Hayes (gigposters.com), Jeff Kleinsmith (Patent Pending), Jay Ryan (the Bird Machine), and Paula Scher (Pentagram).

The deluxe edition of the book features 20 original posters, commissioned to celebrate Rock Paper Show's release.

312 pages. 566 color images.

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah. I wish I was in Texas to see it. Can't wait to get it!

Premium Member

Comments

Looks pretty cool.

Comments

thanks for not texting me back this answer dick.

Comments

book looks great!

this looks really nice, I think I'll have to get one!

Comments

When is my book signing? I need to get a haircut.

Comments

I have cut out, dry mounted and listed some of the images on eBay. MINI FLATSTOCK POSTERS FOR YOUR FRIDGE OR TO BE FRAMED Kozik Jermaine Coop Phillips RARE : ebay listing #126713643298378746023873860324712747127124

Premium Member

Comments

Are there any photos of the book for press release? We would like to make a mention on our news site