Gig Posters

Posters: 157577 | Bands: 136941 | Designers: 11608                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Can someone PLEASE help me!?

Hey, I bit off a little more than I can chew and i'm kicking myself in the ass for it. I have a crapload of posters I need to print within the next 2 months. I have exactly 49 days. I have a few issues!

Issue #1: I used to get my screens exposed by a local screen printer. They have stopped offering this service, so I've ordered some WBP emulsion from ryonet and coated 2 screens. I let them sit 24 hours before exposing them. I put one 500watt flood work light about 20" above the screen and tried to burn it by placing 3 laser transparancies on top of each other for darkness (on the print side). Well half of the stencil rinsed out but then half didnt. Both screens didnt work. My first exposure was 13.5 minutes. My other screen was 8 minutes. The 8 minute one seemed to want to rinse out easier but half of the image still wouldnt rinse out and after trying for 3-4 minutes it started to blow out the image which is bad. wtf am i doing wrong? Do I need to build an exposure unit or can I get away with the flood light(i removed the glass also).

Issue #2: If I wanted to do halftones what is the best way to expose the screen? I'll be doing some halftone work after this job and didn't know if it was as simple as converting to halftones cmyk in photoshop and printing separate films with registration marks and then burning 4 screens . seems simple enough but now im worried due to the fact I CANT EVEN BURN A SCREEN ARRRGHHH

Premium Member

Comments

I think from what I'm reading, or from what's been omitted, is that you need to do a step test to find the optimum exposure time for your unique set up... can't buy emulsion and lamps and expect your time to be the same as someone else's set up.

google (or forum search) exposure step test

yes. I will try that. I also need sone direction about halftone printing. Please believe I've dobe tons of research on this. I know how to do the CMYK halftone separations in Photoshop however I've not printed a 4 color process. I guess I just need some more help getting this going. I'm coming from 1-2 color shirt background.

Premium Member

Comments

also, if you were to sign up as premium member to the site you'd be supporting it and would find an already helpful crew even more likely to assist

...or perhaps less likely to mock as cruelly as they can (that's the theory anyhow)

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

yeah, all of your questions can be answered in the premium members threads that already exist.

Wow sign up for a premium account or don't get help. How unreal.

I haven been a member for a day and I'm being pressured into that. Ridiculous

Premium Member

Comments

How much is a premium membership? $10 or something. That seems like a small price to pay compared to the hundreds you're about to waste on emulsion and paper and ink and lost time. There's an invaluable amount of info available here that most of us had to learn the hard way and we're happy to share it and all you have to do is make a tiny contribution to the website that made it all possible for us.

Premium Member

Comments

So have you thought about going premium? just saying....

Premium Member

Comments

If I'm reading this right, this is a super easy fix...but yeah, I can't really hang with not supporting this site.
    I work at Landland, Mpls Our website On Facebook On this thing