Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default anybody used these micro registration hinge clamps before?

I was just curious if anybody has used these things? They are way overpriced, but look interesting.

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com...essdiagram.jpg

Premium Member

Comments

Yup, love mine. I could never go back to the plain old ones now. But my stuff requires really tight registration. I wouldn't call them overpriced at all. Good equipment isn't cheap. And they will save you a ton of time in set up, and even more time mid job if your registration slips. Not to mention the 10 prints that won't get wasted trying to get regular hinge clamps back into register.
    Brg!
    Barricades of hamburgers divide the nation.

Comments

Where can you purchase one of these?
    Last edited by Magen; 03-19-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Premium Member
    Comments

they are made by AWT.

Comments

Everything Dan said is what I hate about no micro registration. Those look pretty cool, but doesn't andy mac have a design of his own that he's offered in the past? I want to try and pick up some nice hinges later this spring/summer.

Comments

Found it. now I gotta start finding the cash. http://www.gigposters.com/forums/scr...lamp-help.html

Comments

I'm slowly getting interested in purchasing a micro reg bar. this is the one pictured in the first post:

SCREEN FRAME CLAMPING UNIT 38 X 50" OD (For Graphic Printing)

andymac, is your rabbit one still $300 to GPers? i would much rather support you than ryonet. they already get all my fuckin money as it is.

Premium Member

Comments

no, we withdrew them, too many issues with the machining and construction. I have a good design, I just need to find someone who can make them 100% right, instead of 75%. My guys didn't want to make 'small things' and they slacked on quality of some components, and things were changed to save money, which in the long run cost. Long stupid story.
    I think there is a good little business there, as there is a big gap between jiffy clamps and some slick hand table with micro reg.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Sorry to hear that Andy. I'm a ways off from springing for one, so I'll keep my eyes peeled if you do happen to get new ones made. If not, Ryonet it is...or AWT, but from the sign of that thread halfmassive linked to, it looks like there might be some issues with theirs :\

The other problem is, the ones Ryonet and AWT have are for 38x50 max screens, which would be cool, except my table is only 30" wide There are smaller ones on AWT's site, but the size under that is for a max screen size of 26x30. My big screens are 31x39, though (they hang slightly off the sides of my table, but it's okay). Should I really be concerned about the "max size" AWT is talking about there, or would I still be able to use it? If not, would I be able to somehow modify the 38x50 one to fit on my table?