Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135336 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beerland in Austin, buying tickets?

How does one buy tickets for shows here? There are no links or information on their website, they don't answer emails or their phone. Is everything at the door? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

i can't imagine beerland selling tickets online. really no huge bands play there. is it something for sxsw? they are a very very small dive bar.
    you might want to look on the site of the band you want to see there and see if they have a link to purchasing tix.

Thanks for the info. I just want to go to the Torche show on 3/18 which I don't think is an official SXSW thing. I was just concerned about getting shut out because a lot of people will be in town and I think Fucked Up is playing too. At least I have my Roky ticket, so that's good. Now I just need to decide about the Motorhead show.

Comments

hmmm - it looks like that is a showcase, so you would need a wristband at least. i am not sure if they are requiring additional tix. sorry.
    btw - beerland is in the middle of the chaos. i'm sure even the taco stand next door to beerland is having a showcase.

Comments

keep in mind a band like Torche will probably be playing at least three times in different bars/parties that weekend so I wouldn't sweat it too much. Same goes for Fucked Up, they play like three or more times every year.

Thanks folks, I don't care about Fucked Up, just Torche, and I'm only there Tues through Thursday. Seeing Roky is the most important thing though.

Comments

I saw Roky and The BLack Angels together last year. Did a few BA songs then some 13th floor Elevators of course, and it was pretty good despite the fact that Roky is mentally gone..

Premium Member

Comments

I was there too

great time

openers roooled

Premium Member

Comments

jayz performing anywhere? if not, fial.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments

I saw Roky last week. The last two times I have seen him he has been way way more lucid than in recent years. There is still that uncertainty when he walks out with his arms crossed and looking all tense with darting eyes but then they give him a guitar and a pick and he just turns it on. The band he has playing with him now is super good as well and frankly much better than Black Angels or the Explosives. The rhythm section just locks in on songs like Stand for the Fire Demon and drives it home.