Last year I decided to print a calendar for 2010, featuring artists from around my area each doing a month. The prints where 13"x20" and each was a unique 3 colour screen print. It took about 2 weeks to print the entire edition of 100 calendars, 36 screens and approx 20-25 individual mixed colours of various hues and transparencies. I tried to get as many pictures as possible of the entire process, some didn't come out and others where lost, but here is a selection of process photos for this thing.
Paper: 26x40 100lb Roland Opaque
Next over to the ink shelf to gather all the colours needed (that shelf is approx 2/3 of the ink in the shop)
I ended up digging my first hand table out of storage so we could print on two tables at the same time, thus cutting the overall hours in half. One table was 4'x4' with a vacuum, and the other was around 26"x40" in size and no vaccuum.
Yellow & Cyan
Now with red overprint!
Final colour: Metallic silver, powder pigment with Nazdar 9700 clear
Nothing like solvent ink printing at 3am
Final products: It was really neat to see how different people decided to approach their month as far as design and layout. Some where just straight CMY (55-65 LPI w/ all colour overlapping to make the 'black') and others where spot colours. Some where very 'designed' others where all over the place. All in all it was a really fun project and 95% of the calendars where sold in the first week (there are still a half dozen or so laying around if people want them, cheap)