Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133629 | Designers: 11367                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Harvest of Hope festival design contest

If anyone has some free time and feels like submitting for a design contest to benefit the Harvest of Hope festival/foundation, here you are:

Creative Allies, Harvest of Hope, Pedal Printing and I Heart You Productions are working together to offer a design contest for this years official Harvest of Hope Festival Poster and T-shirt. The winners will each receive $100 and two VIP passes to this years Harvest of Hope Festival in St. Augustine, FL March 12th-14th.

We will be donating the screen printing for the posters. Check out some info on the festival and the Harvest of Hope foundation below.

Browse over to: Creative Allies for details and to submit designs.

The second annual fundraiser Harvest of Hope Foundation Music and Arts Festival, March 12-14th, 2010, located at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine, Florida features a three day, multiple stage alternative music festival that is unique in many ways, but mostly because it is all to benefit and raise awareness for nonprofit charity Harvest of Hope Foundation (Migrant Farmworkers Earn Your Support ::: Harvest of Hope Foundation - Gainesville, Florida ::: Financial Donations are Welcomed!).

The Harvest of Hope Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides financial, educational, and service oriented aid to migrant farm workers all over the country. The event emphasizes on being not only entertaining, but educational, family friendly and environmentally conscience. The HOH Fest showcases not only a large group of musicians who are donating much of their time and performances to the cause but will also showcase a variety of progressive artists, local vendors and a nonprofit “educational center” that will help raise awareness for the many issues surrounding Migrant Farmworkers and their families.

Bands playing HOH festival this year include:

Billy Bragg, Dr. Dog, The Mountain Goats, Rogue Wave, Delta Spirit, Senses Fail, Anti-Flag,
    Man Man, Dead Prez, 7 Seconds, Kimya Dawson, Torche, Anvil, Japanther, Strike Anywhere, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Sea Wolf, Dr. Octagon AKA Kool Keith, Dead Confederate, A Wilhelm Scream, Portugal. the Man, Leatherface, Crime in Stereo, Matt Pond PA, Dead to Me, Smoke or Fire, Fruit Bats, Bear in Heaven, Freelance Whales, Broadway Calls, Cobra Skulls, Small Brown Bike, Glint, Stars of Track and Field, Danielson, Twin Tigers, Black Sheep, Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band, James Husband (of Montreal), Signals (ex-The Mae Shi), Ortolan, Mercury Program, Off With Their Heads, The Loved Ones, Past Lives, forgetters, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Assholeparade, Defiance Ohio, Chris Wollard & the Ship Thieves, Bomb the Music Industry!, Dear Landlord, David Rovics, The Riot Before, This Bike is a Pipebomb, Des Ark, Ben Davis & The Jett$, Shellshag, Weatherbox, Holopaw, Hawks & Doves, Angelo Spencer, The Blacklist Royals, Lemuria, The Measure [sa], Paul Baribeau, Algernon Cadwallader, Your Heart Breaks, Fin Fang Foom, Yula Beeri, The Future Virgins, Good Luck, The Menzingers, Capsule, Ben & Vesper, Jon Snodgrass, Cheap Girls, Austin Lucas, Mike Hale, Street Eaters, O Pioneers!, Army of Ponch, Virgins, Gatorface, Protagonist, American Cheeseburger, Savage Brewtality, Brainworms, New Bruises, Tubers, Cory Branan, Look Mexico, Yesterday's Ring, Whiskey & Co., Worn in Red, Ninja Gun, Grabass Charlestons, FIYA, Spanish Gamble, Anchor Arms, How Dare You, Slow Claw, Heads Held High, The Casting Out, Low Red Land, The Itchy Hearts, Yardwork, Panthro UK United 13, Mumpsy, The Beauvilles, The Tim Version, 3rd Stone, Tiltwheel, Dan Padilla, The Future Now, D.P., City of Ships, Sloane Peterson, Too Many Daves, Pretty Boy Thorson, Nut Nut, Ornate Escape,
    and The Mike Bernos Band.

Premium Member

Comments

Really? I'll do it for a grand, 4 tickets, and my own merch booth. Or I could just spend a shit load of time on art and pray I get a whole $100! I know it's for charity and all, but still, I bet there's not a band on the bill getting less than 10k.

Comments

ha.... actually I would almost guarantee that 75% of those bands arent making more than 2G's if that.

Premium Member

Comments

regardless, $100 is a pretty insulting "fee" for a spec project of this size and scope.

Comments

I went to HOH last year. I believe in the cause, but they really just need to hire someone to do the job right.

F these contests.

Premium Member

Comments

going this year zach?
    DIED YOUNG, STAYED NERDY!

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHelton View Post
    ha.... actually I would almost guarantee that 75% of those bands arent making more than 2G's if that.
    yeah, your right, the lower third of the list I've never heard of are probably getting around 2. But I've worked with a few fests before, I know what buckethead, cake, jurassic 5, and a few more actually charge, and it's waaay more than 10. And I know even midlevel bands ask for 5 to 10. I'd imagine alot of the bigger bands on this bill are getting mega bucks.

However, the fest I worked for was new, and had an unproven draw, so maybe the mangers hiked up the prices to scare off a new fest. So I could be talking out of my ass.

But regardless. A hundred bucks for a contest!

Comments

The performances are actually donated, the musicians are not making big bucks. I'd suggest reading over some info in regards to the festival and the organization it is supporting before pointing fingers. There is plenty of professional design and printing being donated by a lot organizations and companies.

If anyone is interested, they are still accepting vendors, and sponsors. Just browse the site for information.

Premium Member

Comments

ima start a mettal jam called Failed Harvest of Despair and keep all the moniez

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by PedalPrinting View Post
    The performances are actually donated, the musicians are not making big bucks. I'd suggest reading over some info in regards to the festival and the organization it is supporting before pointing fingers. There is plenty of professional design and printing being donated by a lot organizations and companies.

If anyone is interested, they are still accepting vendors, and sponsors. Just browse the site for information.
    My bad. Sorry for being a doosh. If the bands are playing free thats cool. I've done plenty of charity work (just did one for haiti on sat), I just hate hate hate contests more than anything.