Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Bearfight! - Open Call for Art

I've been making short-run zines, comics, and art books for years, and frequently get requests to put together other small, self-published book packages for people, so I figured what the hell, I might as well start my own small press imprint, which I'm calling Banner Year Press. I want to kick things off with a multi-artist anthology entitled "Bearfight," and I'm putting out the call to anyone who wants to be in it.

Any artist wishing to submit needs to create a 300dpi, grayscale image of a bear, any sort of bear you want (grizzly, polar, koala, fictional character, etc), but that bear has to be fighting something, anything you've always wanted to see a bear take on. I figure it's going to be a mix of funny ones and hopefully some pretty brutal ones in there as well, depending on what gets submitted. I'm open to things beyond traditional illustration methods too, if you want to hire a model who's willing to be photographed fighting a bear, that's your business.

It'll be released as a limited edition (500), soft cover, perfect bound book with a screenprinted cover, sometime this spring.

If anyone is interested in submitting, there is a template and artist agreement that can be downloaded, along with size requirements and other technical information, here: http://www.banneryearpress.com/bearfight

The deadline to submit is March 10th.

Comments

Cool idea.

Comments

this sounds ace!

Comments

awesome!

Comments

I am going to make some time to participate in this. That FADGE book on your site looks well done. Good stuff.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyPancake View Post
    I am going to make some time to participate in this. That FADGE book on your site looks well done. Good stuff.
    Thanks, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Comments

I did a painting of a bear fighting abraham lincoln once. it was kinda neat. May do something different though..

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by julia green View Post
    I did a painting of a bear fighting abraham lincoln once. it was kinda neat. May do something different though..
    This whole book idea was sparked by a friend of mine drawing Ernest Hemingway fighting a bear.