Gig Posters

Posters: 153003 | Bands: 133730 | Designers: 11371                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default A Few of My Posters (Still Starting Out)

I FUCKING LOVE METAL!!!!

I couldn't think of a better way to start this.

I love heavy metal, and I'm basically stuck in a major city that has a large fan base of the music, but a ton of promoters torn between not actually promoting the shows and people who may not know HOW to promote them.

I love concert posters, and because I wasn't happy with the gig posters I was seeing for both metal shows and concerts in general, I decided to do something about it. That said, these are my attempts of trying to create some awesome posters for people to love and enjoy.

Tell me what you think, please be brutal if you need be, and thanks in advance for looking!

My website is here: http://www.larrywestproductions.com

And my DeviantArt account: http://luvataciousskull.deviantart.c...oncert-Posters

Premium Member

Comments

that municipal waste poster rules. upload them to the site if you haven't already.
    and go premium to donate to the site where you gain loads of valuable information.
    +++++ POWERSLIDE DESIGN CO. +++++ facebook +++++ aka: mike klay

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    that municipal waste poster rules. upload them to the site if you haven't already.
    and go premium to donate to the site where you gain loads of valuable information.
    Hey, thanks!

Well, I WOULD upload them, but none of these are official: They were all pro-bono jobs I did because of my love the bands and their music.

Premium Member

Comments

with those skills somebody should be paying you somethin'.
    Jeff

I'd say learn how to make your type look slightly more "metal" in style. Dont just throw random type over your cool images. Treat your type as if it's part of the whole. Good stuff there though. Shows some promise.

And if you ever have even an itch of an idea of selling these posters I'd recommend making sure the bands and their merch companies are fully aware. otherwise...you will want to take those official logos off. You could find yourself in deep shit for selling trademarked property. Trust me. I have been doing metal posters (many for Philly shows over the years) and I have been down the exact roads you are trying to travel. The exact ones. Be smart.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride View Post
    And if you ever have even an itch of an idea of selling these posters I'd recommend making sure the bands and their merch companies are fully aware. otherwise...you will want to take those official logos off. You could find yourself in deep shit for selling trademarked property. Trust me. I have been doing metal posters (many for Philly shows over the years) and I have been down the exact roads you are trying to travel. The exact ones. Be smart.
    Thanks for the advice, and I shall!

As for the typography, I know what you mean. The last 3 (Arch Enemy, BTBAM, Devin Townsend) were my roughest ones, and I ran into walls not knowing what to do and seeing what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride View Post
    I'd say learn how to make your type look slightly more "metal" in style. Don't just throw random type over your cool images. Treat your type as if it's part of the whole. Good stuff there though. Shows some promise.
    Agreed. My only gripe is your type selection. As said above, it looks as though you slammed the first typeface down that you could click with a mouse. Just think about what the design and select a typeface that will flow with it. Font selection is sometimes overlooked in poster design and it's extremely unfortunate. Good work though.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    Agreed. My only gripe is your type selection. As said above, it looks as though you slammed the first typeface down that you could click with a mouse. Just think about what the design and select a typeface that will flow with it. Font selection is sometimes overlooked in poster design and it's extremely unfortunate. Good work though.
    Really quick, do you think its true of all of these are just a few? I'd love to know, because all the ones I did until I got to the Arch Enemy posters were actually thought out.

Thanks!

i really like to create very cool posters out of maps from google or mapquest maps they come out really awsome and they are also useful