Hi, this is my first post. Nice to meet you all.
*all my printers all inkjet.
I'm looking for a paper quality and weight similiar to Epson presentation matte 11x17 27lb. The epson paper feels expensive to me, I wonder if there's any other paper (matte) that gives good quality and cheap pricing. I want to use it for rough draft presentations (meaning having something to show the instructor, but print on a cheaper paper), so an around 27lb is good, not anything lighter than this. I had a lot of 20lb letter size white paper i got from staples, but the paper wrinkles when I tried to print with normal printing setting. It seems to me that the paper is too thin to absorb normal level of ink.
I also saw this Office Depot Brand Professional Heavyweight Color Copy Paper 11 x 17 28 Lb Ream Of 500 Sheets by Office Depot, but I don't know if my printer can use it, it says "Specially designed for use in color copiers."
I also have several questions:
1. What is text weight paper?
2. Can my Epson 1400 printer print on color copy paper? how do I set the printer setting? I've tried it, but the colors looks pale, feels like laser paper. I'm assume the paper is for color copy machines only?
3. What kind of paper can inkjet printer print on? (etc. color copy paper?)
4. Compare to inkjet printer, laser printer absorbs more ink on thiner paper?
5. For inkjet printer, how heavy does the paper need to be in order to print on normal printting level, and does not wrinkle the paper, and with minimal show through on the other side?