Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135787 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default SITE SUGGESTION: Multi-purpose site header

Hi Clay,

I was just thinking that the 'new posters' header space could be given a bit more function.

It might be an idea to place a Flash header in that space (I'm a Flash guy.) Flash can load .jpgs dynamically, so you would be able to grab the thumbnails from the server pretty easily

Right now only the last 10 new posters get any front-page display time, leaving 40-60 posters buried in the next page. Maybe the new posters strip could cycle on a timer, every 10 seconds or so. The new poster thumbnails could have left/right controls to scroll through the new images.

Carrying that a bit further... maybe a random button in that space could display a set of random thumbs from the database? I like the random function, but often it takes a few clicks to get anything decent. By displaying 10 at a time, you'd have more luck finding quality posters.

Anyhow, I have a few more ideas kicking around, but I thought I'd get a couple of them out there.

Cheers,

-Jer

Comments

Flash is gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Premium Member

Comments

i think the front page should be only available in pdf format. updated every minute so we can look at it as it changes.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments

Flash *is* gay.

Why do you think I'm a Flash guy? For the sense of style, the social connections, and quite frankly for the nice shoes.

I spend my days developing RIAs in Flash that are just plain impossible in HTML, and quite honestly more functional that anything written in Java.

In this case, there's an opportunity to take advantage of Flash to build a lot of functionality into a small space. Not only that, it could be done with very little processor load, and very little file size.

-Jer

Head Honcho

Comments

Default Re: SITE SUGGESTION: Multi-purpose site header

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP
    Hi Clay,

I was just thinking that the 'new posters' header space could be given a bit more function.

It might be an idea to place a Flash header in that space (I'm a Flash guy.) Flash can load .jpgs dynamically, so you would be able to grab the thumbnails from the server pretty easily

Right now only the last 10 new posters get any front-page display time, leaving 40-60 posters buried in the next page. Maybe the new posters strip could cycle on a timer, every 10 seconds or so. The new poster thumbnails could have left/right controls to scroll through the new images.

Carrying that a bit further... maybe a random button in that space could display a set of random thumbs from the database? I like the random function, but often it takes a few clicks to get anything decent. By displaying 10 at a time, you'd have more luck finding quality posters.

Anyhow, I have a few more ideas kicking around, but I thought I'd get a couple of them out there.

Cheers,

-Jer
    Thanks for the suggestions .. but I really try to stay away from flash as much as I can. I have been considering a flash menu .. but that is all I would be willing to do. Richie is right .. its pretty gay

There will be MANY changes and enhancements to come .. (right after Flatstock). I appreciate input and suggestions .. but I do have some major plans that will take precedence.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

i think the shoes comment is a stereotype.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Like.. will I be able to download a chilidog?

Comments

Flash *is* gay.

Why do you think I'm a Flash guy? For the sense of style, the social connections, and quite frankly for the nice shoes.

I spend my days developing RIAs in Flash that are just plain impossible in HTML, and quite honestly more functional that anything written in Java.

In this case, there's an opportunity to take advantage of Flash to build a lot of functionality into a small space. Not only that, it could be done with very little processor load, and very little file size.

-Jer
    I don't understand anything you said.

Who wants to talk about screen printing?

Head Honcho

Comments

-Jer
    Understandable. I spend my days writing PHP code ... I've been a programmer for the last 8 years ... and everyone likes what they know. I don't know Flash very well .. and I've honestly never seen a flash site that I have liked. I know that sounds lame .. but it really is the truth.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*