Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11480                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Cypress Hill samples The Clash

Have you guys heard that new Cypress Hill song "What's your name (what's your number)?" It samples the Clash's "Guns of Brixton"
    Cypress Hill is catchy and everything, but this disturbs me...

Comments

Tim Armstrong from Rancid sings and plays guitar on the song as well

Comments

I heart cypress hill, but they should sample black flag.
    stoner to stoner.
    greg ginn going weeeeeeekirrr rannnnnkk rank and them all toked up and laughing.

GOLD.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by B-DROID
    Does it bother anyone else that Tim Armstrong was at one time so against the "system" that he refused to get a drivers license and a credit card, and then next thing you know Rancid is doing videos for TRL and you can actually UNDERSTAND what they're singing?

btw, I saw Lars Fredericksen and the Bastards a couple years ago, now THAT band kicks ass. I miss the old Rancid...(but Op Ivy is even better)

Comments

and that lame transplants song is being used in a SHAMPOO comercial.
    i remember the god ol days rancid at the sun tint warehouse in austin texas

Quote Originally Posted by spacedtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by B-DROID
    Does it bother anyone else that Tim Armstrong was at one time so against the "system" that he refused to get a drivers license and a credit card, and then next thing you know Rancid is doing videos for TRL and you can actually UNDERSTAND what they're singing?

btw, I saw Lars Fredericksen and the Bastards a couple years ago, now THAT band kicks ass. I miss the old Rancid...(but Op Ivy is even better)
    I hated Op Ivy. My old band played with them a couple of tiems. I am not a big fan of punk/ska. I do like the older Rancid btter than the new stuff, but it is not all that different to me. I mean they started getting radio plsy on thier second record. It's not like the whole rock star thing is that new to them.

Comments
    Items for Sale

That Ruby Soho song was a piece of fucking shit.

Comments

Roots Radicals, Salvation, I Wanna Riot.

Comments

Well, what's happened with Rancid hasn't really upset me that much, they remind me too much of one of my ex boyfriends, who wanted to be Tim Armstrong.

I listen to more indie rock now, with lots of instruments and vocal arrangements. But part of me still likes that late 70s-early 80s punk.

I find nothing wrong with an entertaining Band Cypress Hill sampling a legendary band: The Clash. Shows they have good taste. What is disturbing, or rather laughable is when fans get all snotty about singers or bands "selling out" or when they crow about how much better they were in the "good old days" The latter is usually followed by some reference to some obscure small venue where the fan viewed the band as if THEY discovered them. Grow up whiners. If bands couldn't make $$$ from their music then they couldn't make music, or they couldn't reach an audience and you would never know about them. That is reality. I'm sure there is some genius who is slaving away in obscurity who few will ever hear of because he refuses to compromise his art. But we will never know, because he never sold out.