Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135495 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Illustrator CS3 "Unknown Error [CANF]"!?

I just installed CS3 a few days ago. I was fine with CS2, but I needed the upgrade in order to open some files from another system that were saved as *.ai CS3 files. Yesterday, I was working on a project and to my shock, horror and dismay, I couldn't save the file. "Could not save the file because of an unknown error [CANF]" is the dialog that appeared onscreen. I figured, "Okay, I'll just select all/copy/quit/relaunch/create a new document/paste, no problem." Wrong. I also could not copy anything to the clipboard.

I Googled the "CANF" error. Seems to be a complaint among many CS3 users. The fix I found (for Mac 10.4.11) involved moving the AI Preferences folder contents to the desktop and relaunching AI. I did this. No more "CANF" error, but now when I try to save a document, "An unknown error occurred." pops up.

Has anyone else had this problem with CS3? If so, what fix will work to correct these error messages?

Comments

have you tried saving as...and changing the name slightly...sometimes that works if i get an error.

Comments

Guess you should have installed CS4.

Comments

I have tried that method. It always worked for me in previous versions of AI, but not this time. I've gone through all of my old tricks, changing the filename, changing the save to location, trying to save as *.eps, trying to save as a Legacy *.ai file. None of these work. Thanks for that tip though.

Additionally, it seems that Windows users have this issue based on a conflict with Zune. I don't even know what Zune is, but I'm not running it, and I'm on a Mac. Dumping the preference files didn't change anything for me.

Comments

Let me google that for you

It seems at least one person solved the problem by reinstalling Illustrator.

Comments

I have to admit that I wasn't even aware that there was a CS4. We're running CS3 at work, so I figured that was the latest version, because they're usually pretty good about upgrading as soon as there's a new product available.

If I had known that this thing was an issue, I would've stuck with CS2.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Guess you should have installed CS4.

Comments

You're about a year out of date.

Comments

ha...yeah you could try trashing prefs as well...may help. may not.. Re-install is best bet

Comments

If you read my initial post, you'll see that I state the fact that I Googled the error message first, followed the fixes that I found in a few other forums, then posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by hypo View Post
    Let me google that for you

It seems at least one person solved the problem by reinstalling Illustrator.

Comments

Reinstall that sucka!