Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134861 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

hey all... just a post to say, if you dont have any system of a down cds, check em out... truly a great band, its like rage, but really better (a real backbone, and no egos... like the asses in rage)..

now, please no artists email me asking why didnt i plug their favourite band

systemofadown.com

check em out... as if you havent yet.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Dave,
    You just heard of System? There an LA band, all Armenian I think. I saw them at the whiskey about 2 weeks after I got to LA with hed(pe) who sucks. System was one of those bands that was local at the time but you ust watched them and went "Yep, these guys are gonna be huge". I also stole about 8 of there beers from back stage, cuz I'm a dirtbag, but then again, you know that already!

Another very cool band to be on the lookout for from LA is Midtown. Unassuming bunch of guys and great attitude offstage. They did a show with International Noise Conspiracy and that's how I originally met 'em, doing the poster.

Premium Member

Comments

nah, ive been big on them for awhile,just wanted to bring some rock into the gig poster world and say how great they are... toxicity i keep listening over and over, i think my cd drive is gonna die soon lol..

just for people who might not have their 3 albums (one is an ep).. should listen to them...

they are all muslum too.. a great mix of rock, anger, and poetry.. i really dig them big time! not many posters made for them .. im sure more soon if they do a headline tour!
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments

You two crazy rock heads. I just got a disc from a band called THRICE. Whoohooo these guys rock like crazy.One of the best records I'v heard in a long time. Sort of a mix between emo stuff and Iron Maidan. ROCKS!
    check it out.It's called Identity crisis

Comments

no offense guys, but i think System are horrible.....

I mean have you really LISTENED to that stuff....ugh...

rob
    --
    http://robschwager.com

Trucker,
    Well ya know I'm more of a college-rock fan (is that even a term anymore?) Sad thing is, I haven't even seen that many shows in the last 6 months to know WHO is any good. Midtown rocks, and the radiohead show was rad. Oh, you know who was cool that I did a poster for? Neil Young. I had no idea. Beck opened, who I love, then Neil came out and blew him WAYYYYYYYYY off the stage. Now back to SYstem of a Down, Dave's right, there Muslim, and used to in LA, the whole crowd was muslim too, it was crazy cool to feel so out of place. But there are SO many bands out in LA that sound like that now. I'd rather listen to Beechwood Sparks or Ryan Adams (alt-country-and no I didn't say BRYAN Adams). Ok, I digress. By the way e'body, Trucker is awesome, even if he did do time with me at Folsom. Where do ya think we picked up our art training?

I used to like System alot. They kind of seem like a charicature of themselves now. I did a flyer for the show celebrating thier signing to American records. They really are super cool guys.

Trucker: you like P.O.D and not System? that don't make no sense at all

Premium Member

Comments

hey,

kinda like the posters here, some people like coffee, some like tea, some like water..

i just really did system of a down.. no harm no foul.. i like the feeling, i like the music, i like the vibe...

rage in my eyes, was bullshit... look into systemofadown.com they have made attempts outside music for the wellness of others.. and dont sell out in my mind.

again they are my taste.. i just like em.. but then again... i find myself attracted to matchbox 20 too lol..

and yeah, ryan adams is the bomb!

Comments

MaxF,

>>Trucker: you like P.O.D and not System? that don't make no sense at all<<

Does to me. POD make good music. System makes nonsensical headachie noise.

rob

Comments

speedo...

that art training at Folsom came came in pretty handy, eh?

Beats basketweaving for extra smokes....

rob
    --
    http://robschwager.com