Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134861 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default POSTER CLASS: 11

hey kids* probably to stop my whining clay has made me 'moderator' ( re: not teacher) of 'the poster class'. i'm happy to be here and hope that we can make 'the class' a beneficial aspect of gigposters.
    that being said let me jump into :

THE RULES OF POSTER CLASS

*RULE #1
    you do not talk about poster class.......actually complete bullshit, i just like the 'fight club' joke. just the opposite. tell everybody. the more people that participate the greater value it has to our unique community. tell artists, non-artists........your mom. nothing would please me more than having mrs. kozik and mrs. chantry contributing ( altho mrs. stainboy, mrs. ewing, mrs. motorcycle and grandma charlie would be cool too).

RULE #2
    anybody can post .......it doesn't matter if you've never done a poster before or if you are the mythical wee-beastie that visited chantry in his dreams and gave him all his cool ideas.....the class promotes contributions from all.

RULE #3
    anybody can crit ...from old masters to kindergarten....anybody! just keep in mind that it's supposed to be a crit that would help/benefit 'the poster' with your unique knowledge. you don't have to have a degree in art to have an opinion ( hell, most of us don't) and you don't have to censor your opinion ( once again, most of us don't) just don't be an intentional asshole to get some self-serving attention.

RULE #4
    avoid 'pork-speak'......it's been great that gigposters has become a meeting place for a multitude of people around the globe but......i'd like to keep 'the class' a little more focussed than we tend to get. no problems with the occaisional off-subject smart-assed remark but, if things get too far off base, i will use my power to delete all non-class posts.

that being said

POSTER CLASS 11: RE-INVENTION OF IMAGE

from bowie to pat boone. madonna to leia bell......it's all about 're-invententing yourself'. so i give you.....

ok, i need to check w/ clay on the technical....till then

THE ASSIGNMENT: do 'DON KNOTTS & THE LIMPETT BUSCUITS' in the style of ( pick one):

*punk
    *gothic
    *hip-hop
    *industrial
    *jam-band

(i've supplied a photo of mr. knotts for reference but you are free to find your own reference or not have any and blaze your own path!)
    the format, colors and other specs are open. knock yourselves out. what info you do need:

primary info ( mandatory):

*headliner:
    don knotts and the limpett buscuits
    *opening:
    the otis livers
    roper replacement
    * date:
    friday february 13
    *venue:
    clay's pork pit

secondary info (optional)

*666 kozik way

*must be 18

* 9:30pm

* $6

sorry neggie mag* i deleted you to keep some consistancy. all appologies

This is my first one!

Comments

HERE IS MINE

fenix* a very clean lay-out but ( altho the type is too universal)........unfortunetly i don't think it follows the 'assignment' . we need to 're-invent' mr knotts in the following styles

*punk
    *gothic
    *hip-hop
    *industrial
    *jam-band

....if i'm wrong let me kno

Premium Member

Comments

word to the punked out knotts!

+++++ POWERSLIDE DESIGN CO. +++++ facebook +++++ aka: mike klay

harp* that is sweet you mother fucker. one BIG problem tho. it's obvious that you let the computer do your posterizations from the funky 'dark olive-green lip' . just my own opinion but......if you used this as a 'blue-print' and hand did the posterization.......amazing!

still. great layout. dig the multiplying of the info.

balance* you fucker. almost everthing is beautifully there but.....the obvious filter just makes this look like beyond crap. quick solution to get it done fast. sorry mate. it really looks like shit ( and it could look amazing).

Comments

actually what i did was do a 2 color outline and overlayed those 2 then overlayed another muddy color over the top in my layers pallet thus the olive color

in retrospect a mistake

but if i were to take off that 3rd layer and left the 2 color it would be just a color sep