Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135206 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default hinge and clamp system upgrade

I'm currently planning a new setup for my apartment studio. Currently I use your standard speedball metal hinges which clamp directly onto the screens. My biggest frustration with that is when I want to use a smaller screen on a large paper, since the screen is attached to the clamps at the far end the paper can only be moved so far under the screen until it hits the clamps.

I was wondering if there was such a thing as a hinge system with a retractable arm so that I could pull the screen directly in the middle of my sheet of paper.

Comments

Sure there is such a thing but it's called a press and it's more than just an upgrade on the hinges.
    There's a thread on here where someone built their own one-arm bandit.

fair enough, I think I might realize that what I have in mind might be useless if I knew a bit more what I was doing, anyway no sense trying to explain. The one arm bandit is sick though, I was actually considering that idea as well, but it might a bit too much for right now.