Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135221 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Default Steve Kapo - R.I.P.

This was sent to me by Steve's good friend Christopher Chouinard:

STEVE KAPO
    (Guitarist for DIEGRINDER-www.diegrinder.net- which is the website he designed, and FYLAR designs, his poster/art company) passed away on Wed. Nov 12th from heart failure . He is survived by his wife Lyrae and son Stevie.

This email was sent out from HANK - the bass player in Diegrinder , and says it all :

This has totally crushed me. I have few people in my life I consider to be true friends. Steve was one of them. Putting the band aside, he was always there for ME and for those close to him. He loved his wife and son more than anything else on earth. He also loved guitars, rock n' roll, our band and his friends.

He always stood for things that were good and things that were right. He was honest, loving and an amazing person in every sense. Steve made diegrinder complete. I felt our band kicked into high gear when he joined. He loved our music and was ready to fight the same enemies of rock music that we were. In fact it fueled him and his desire to play guitar. To save the world with his guitar.

I'm not sure I can play without him. He came into a very good band. We became great. The four of us were a gang, all on the same mission to save rock and crush those in our path. We consistently did that. He was extremely proud of our band and so am I. He loved that most other bands feared us, like it or not it's true. I have no f'in' idea what the future holds. All I know is I lost a real friend and my life will never be the same without him. I love you Steve and I'll miss you, but you'll always live in my heart.

And to quote the last thing he wrote to me after our show last Friday with Ratt, "Fat bald Amish trailer devil rock rules!" That's diegrinder and don't you forget it!! I know I'll never forget Steve.

Hank (bass player for diegrinder and defender of true rock n' roll)

And for John and Adam, you are my true brothers and I love you. Whatever happens next I'll be there for you!

If you knew Steve have a drink, listen to some Alice Cooper and Kiss, and do it in his honor. He deserves it!
    Christopher also wrote this:

I spoke to his mother last nite , as we went to the viewing. They had all his posters spread around the funeral home, and his guitar by his casket....... A giant framed ANTHRAX poster by his side.......that he recently designed. Knowing him for years, it did not dawn on me how GREAT an artist he was until I saw all those posters around the home.
    I did not know Steve personally .. but it sure sounds like he will be greatly missed. I want to extend my best wishes to all of Steve's family and friends.

You can see Steve's posters here:

http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=5558

http://www.fylar.com

http://www.diegrinder.net
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

Wow, how sad. He'll be sadly missed by a lot of people.
    R.I.P.

how sad. i always looked forward to his posters because i know most of the places.
    i got good computer vibe from him. he stuck to the computer comments section. took critisism well. great designer. real stand up guy. my condolences to his friends and family. r.i.p.

Comments

That's awful. Another great artist that will be missed. Heart-felt condolences to his family and friends.

Man, That sucks. I always liked all of those Diegrinder posters.

Bummer.

very bad news.

i've admired many of his posters as classics. hopefully they will remain as a fitting legacy to a great talent. i know a couple of them are permanently burned into my memory. i hope we all will remember how good he was.

again, very bad very sad news.

Comments

That sucks. R.I.P.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

my condolences to his family. excellent body of work, a fantastic artist.

Where people drive like complete assholes.
    Comments

Wow, that's terrible news...I remember seeing some of those posters when Clay released a new batch. Great stuff. I'm drinking a beer in your honor Steve, and I will throw on some Alice Cooper right now. Rest In Peace.

J.

Premium Member

Comments

it's very depressing to lose a member of this community.

rest in peace.