Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134864 | Designers: 11468                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Wedding Stationary Printing needed in Toronto

Hi all,
    I offered to letterpress the invites for my friend's wedding but they've moved the deadline up several weeks and I won't have time to process the plates.

Still, it's my gift to them and I'd like to them to have a personal touch so I was wondering if there were any Toronto area printers who would be willing and able to take the job. You should be able to print fairly small type (6pt Gill Sans) Other than that, really easy job.

PM me if interested.
    Thanks,
    jr

Comments

Get it together Doc. If there's time to deal with a second party there is time to get the job done. Plus it's a dear friend, and you call yourself friendly.

Premium Member

Comments

Doc, this is your evil side talking.
    Don't listen to that guy.
    What kind of friend throws impossible hurdles in your path, when you're doing him a huge favor, giving them something for free that would otherwise cost them hundreds if not thousands of dollars?
    Your friend needs a little reality check.
    Tell him to grow a sack, and stand up to the future mother-in-law who is forcing the deadline change, because if he can't now, he never will.
    There is a huge wedding industry that is very willing to grab his money, if he is unable to accept his friend's generous gift as it comes.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

This is you good side again. Remember that time your friend held your hair so it wouldn't fall into the toilet when you were sick. Or that time when your friend told that embarrassing secret just to distract and mask your giant faux pas. You owe your friend big time this is the least you can do. Plus they are moving it up for a reason that can't be avoided.

Nicholas at Trip Print Press

There's also Lunar Caustic press, but i've met nicholas and he was a good guy.

Comments

Of the two highly respected opinions, I'm leaning to squeegeethree's side. He is a good dude and his lady has always been kind to me so I'd like to do something nice for them.

What is stopping me from printing these myself is a lack of a proper washout area (I'm not going to try to set up a pressure washer in my apartment again) on the screenprinting side and the time delay (2-2.5 weeks shipping) in getting plates processed on the letterpress side.

So to re-iterate, if anyone knows of a studio in Toronto that can handle a small job or can bear to have me wash-out screens there, I could use the advice, I'm still very new to this town.

Comments

trip print press: trip print press
    standard form: Standard Form Printing and Publishing

screenprinting:
    Merchguy: http://www.merchguy.com

Premium Member

Comments

Comments

Get out the phone book and start calling some printers. If you're printing them yourself (?) then your main difficulty will be finding a printer who uses the same photopolymer plate that corresponds with your base to bring it up to type high.

Look in Briar Press's yellow pages: Yellow Pages | Briar Press | A letterpress community

EDIT: Or stop being a wuss and pick up a lino block or piece of wood to carve. :P

Premium Member
    Comments

I can do the screen printing depending on the timeline, haven't added the letterpress press yet, but hopefully soon.. Trip Print Press does rad work . .