Hey beautiful people,

I've been getting more and more into poster designing and screen printing over the past 3-4 years. I'm at the point now where my main source of income is flowing solely from designing and screen printing in house. While I feel like I've learned a lot about the printing process and the business over the past couple years, it's mostly been thru learning the hard way. While that's all good with me, and ultimately the best learning experience, I still feel like there are ways I could streamline. I basically just want to be open about the process I've learned so far in getting clients and pricing. I look up to a lot of you fuckers on here and any advice to someone new to game would be mucho appreciated.

Here is where I start most of the time, searching for manager/ booking agent contact info...
Then I send something along the following...
--------------------------
Greetings........,

My name is Matthew Decker and I'm an poster designer based in Sarasota, FL. I wanted to get in touch and see if you might be interested in working together on a screen print for (bands name) (Date/venue) concert?

Ive worked with Tame Impala, Tedeschi Trucks, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Ray LaMontagne, Belle & Sebastian, Black rebel Motorcycle Club etc...

If you would like to take a look at my work, please visit
www.matthewstuartdecker.com

Be well, Matt
--------------------------
And hopefully I don't sound like a robot and they actually read the email.

Pricing---
For more local mid sized concerts (500-2000 people) I usually do the 50/50 split deal at the end of the show, cash money baby. But, if it's a 75-200 poster sized proj. out of the state that I'll be shipping, I charge $7 per print plus shipping. Does this seem reasonable? The last thing I want to do is cheapen the market for everyone else.

Being able to print myself and keep the whole paycheck has been key for me. But I wonder how some of you folks who outsource printing are able to stay afloat so seemingly well. I sell a decent amount of my posters in others markets (online, craft markets etc...) but definitely need to amp that up considerably. I'm sure I have some other questions as well, but that's all for now... hopefully someone can lay down some nuggets to blow my mind!

thanks in adv.,
Matt