Here's the stuff that I've ordered and is on the way to me now.
From Victory Factory:
- (2) 23" x 31" aluminum frames, 230 mesh
- (4) 1 quart containers with lids
- (1) 16" 70 durometer squeegee
- (1) 12" 70 durometer squeegee
- (1) 21 step exposure film
Total + shipping = $124.81
- (1) 1 quart Murakami Pro emulsion
- (1) Franmar Textile Kit (includes Been-e-doo, Greenway, Strip-e-doo, d-Haze, d-Grease, Ickee Stickee Unstuck, scrub pad set, and training video)
- (1) White plastic spatula
- (1) Stainless steel spatula
- (1) 18" AWT Pro-Angle scoop coater
- (1) Scrubbing brush handle
Total + shipping = $83.45
From Dick Blick:
- (1) 1 quart Blick Textile Process Yellow
- (1) 1 quart Blick Textile Process Cyan
- (1) 1 quart Blick Textile White
- (1) 1 quart Speedball Transparent Base
- (1) 1 quart Speedball Process Magenta
- (1) Pair Speedball clamps
Subtotal $69.55 x 8.5% tax(!) = $75.46
Total with other art supplies (pens, pencils, erasers, paper, etc.) = $174.92
Wash Basin $35
Pressure Washer $65
4 Rolls permanent blockout tape $8
Current total of all supplies: $366.37
It looks like Screenworks didn't charge me for the Franmar stuff. I'll wait and see if they adjust my total, but my conscience will probably get the best of me and I'll ask them to charge me another $60 (they haven't done anything wrong by me yet). I didn't need all the stuff in the Franmar Textile Kit, but it was still more affordable than buying it all individually.
I've been sketching plans for a drying rack, screen drying box, vacuum table, and washout booth. I'm going to have to go to the store and price supplies as I can't find them all online. My dad has some pegboard he can give me that will really help out with the drying rack (I'll be doing something along these lines). I'd like to get as much of it at once because I have to borrow a truck to buy the bigger sheets of plywood.
I was a little concerned that humidity would be a factor when drying my screens. Picked up a cheap hygrometer and found that my basement (and most of the house) tends to be around 70% even with a dehumidifier running. However, I've got an electric heater that projects hot air. I'm going to fix a hose to it and hook it to a drying box that I'll make from plywood. That should bring the humidity down in the box nicely. Another option might be reusable desiccant, but I've already got the heater.
Still on the "To Do" List:
- Buy supplies for drying rack, washout booth, drying box
- Build drying rack, washout booth, drying box
- Put in plumbing for washout booth
- Get glass and foam for outdoor exposing
- Draw cool shit to print
Oh, I forgot to mention beer. I don't drink it. Sorry. Gin or bourbon in my house, unless I know you're coming and I know what kind of beer you like.
I'm probably forgetting something, but that's all the update I have for now.