We Has Posters GP.COM FUND RAISER
Most everyone here knows Clay. He’s the guy upgrading the system with high-tech servers, or working countless hours to keep the site running. For years GP has been a tremendous source of information for new artists, old artists, printers -and the collectors that buy their stuff.
While at Flatstock I make a point of stopping over and talking with Clay. I spoke with him again this year at F13 and I learned something new. The website is basically a one man show –I knew that. What I didn't know is that financially, GP is pretty much a break-even. That was a surprise considering how much time and energy Clay spends keeping the bus rolling.
Several weeks after F13 something fizzled, and then I smelled smoke, and then I had this idea about a fund raiser to keep the site running at the highest levels. If supporters from the collector community dusted off the flat files and donated one print, we could put together something significant.
As it was, my idea leaked to certain industry-types, and the response has been impressive. Jody Goodall is unlocking the family vault as we speak. Andy Diesel, Dan McCarthy and Jay Ryan all have prints ready to donate. AND – White Stripes fans will be running around bumping heads when they hear about Rob Jones' donations. There is an entire 2005/2006 White Stripes North American Set, and more (a lot more).
So...in recognition of the countless hours Clay has put into this website, and to support the community that supports us, I propose...
The First Annual Gigposters.com Fund Raiser
WE HAS POSTERS
Here’s how it works:
1. Pick a poster that you are willing to donate from your collection. The goal is 60 posters, so if you got a Green Lady gathering dust, toss her in!
2. Email 1 high quality picture of your print to: WeHasPosters@gmail.com Send big pictures -don’t crop.
3. I will set up the eBay auctions and all donated posters will be sold on eBay. You do nothing until your poster sells.
NOTE: Please donate posters from your collection that have the highest probability of selling. Any eBay fees for unsold posters will be eaten by the fund raiser, so help out –NO SNIFFER PRINTS.
4. IMMEDIATELY, once your poster sells I will send you the winning bidder information and a check to cover the shipping costs. Basically, all you do is throw the print into a tube and ship.
5. All posters should be loosely rolled in craft paper, placed in a sturdy tube and shipped USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.
6. You can opt to have your name used in the auction as the "donatee" or not. The net balance of your eBay auction will be donated to Gigposters.com, so Clay can continue to support the site that supports us.
7. I will run 15 auctions per week starting in October. All auction pricing will begin at average market value.
To start the ball rolling, I am donating these two posters from my collection:
I’m interested to see what others have to donate. Thank you for your support!
Bill Slater (norelation)